Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping with Katrina's Kitchen

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Today's post will add five pounds to you just by reading it.  But oh my heavens, is it worth it.  Please welcome Katrina's Kitchen!



When Lori asked me to contribute a recipe to her blog I was so honored and I happily agreed! She has created such a beautiful creative space here on the web that is very inspiring. I love coming over here for great tips and quick tutorials! 


Lori told me her readers would like something quick and easy and preferably sweet. Well, that description fits my blog to a T! Hi, I’m Katrina from In Katrina’s Kitchen! I’m a mama in a house full of boys who like to eat. I’m usually baking with a baby on my hip and a Hot Wheels car in my hand.


How about some Cookie Dough Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping to celebrate National Ice Cream Month? You are going to be amazed when you see how this comes together! And if you make this for your family you will be a rock star!


Let's just take a moment for that to sink in.

Chocolate Chip.

Cookie Dough.

Magic Shell.

Ice Cream Topping.

I may have cried a little when I dreamed this one up. 
I'm kidding of course. Sort of.


 You are 2 ingredients away from ice cream topping bliss. You know what Magic Shell topping is, right? It's that delicious topping that hardens and gets all crunchy and crackly as soon as it hits the ice cream and forms a beautiful shell.


 Here's the lineup: 
Equal parts Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mix and Coconut Oil

 
You mix these up and let them get warm and melty. I will warn you - this is not a pretty concoction. But don't be a Hater! Hasn't your mom ever told you not to judge a book by its cover? 


After about 20 minutes you're going to spoon it over the ice cream of your choice. You can of course do this immediately if you just can't wait but if you are patient the flavor will be deeper and more distinct (don't ask me if I know this from personal experience or anything).



Printable Recipe Here

**Just a note: You can use any kind of boxed cake mix as well! Have fun!

I hope you enjoy! And Thank you Lori for giving me this opportunity to post on your beautiful blog! 


Please visit Katrina and Favorite her blog at www.inkatrinaskitchen.com.  I hope she'll become a regular at Pretty Things!


Photobucket



Lori Anderson creates jewelry for her web site, Lori Anderson Designs, and wrote the blog An Artist's Year Off.  She's also a contributor to Art Bead Scene.  She is also the creator of the Bead Soup Blog Party.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Ummm....I just know my little boy will love this!

The Beading Gem said...

There goes my diet! Fantastic recipe - easy and so yummy! I'm drooling just looking at the pictures!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! It always makes my day!