How to Make A Jewelry Display for Under $20 by Patty Gasparino

Friday, June 24, 2011


Today's DIY post is by Patty Gasparino of the blog "My Life Under the Bus".  I adore her posts and today she shares her inexpensive jewelry display ideas.


20110608_14
 
Clearing my mind in Homegoods last weekend
with about $10.00 in my pocket
I found this lovely for $9.00!
Homegoods has the best clearance section hands down!
Now it's a nice enough shelf
but I am always on the look out for
jewelry displays.

20110609_05
 
The graphics were too big and I had something in mind
for hooks so I took off all the hooks
sanded, painted, papered
and flipped.

20110612_02_01
 
Much better!
I had some Tim Holtz knobs
I got at Michaels with a coupon.

20110612_08_02
 
I love when things actually come out the way
you see them in your head!

20110612_10
 
So
$9.00 shelf
$ 7.00 knobs
free book pages
spray paint I had
+_______________
under $20.00!!!
Yippee!

20110612_13_02
 
It's neutral and fits in with my other displays!
I'm a happy girl : ).

Happy Friday!
What are you up to this weekend?
XOXO, Patty


12 comments:

My Life Under the Bus said...

Thanks You Lori!!! XO

Createology said...

This is a wonderful way to display such beautiful jewelry. Your transformation of this shelf is fabulous. Thank you for sharing...

Niky Sayers said...

Fantastic jewelery display, I might have to try this one! I'm off to the childrens school summer fair, have a lovely weekend xxx

Holly said...

Love this idea, Patty! Turning a shelf over? brilliant!

Linda Landig said...

What a rocking good idea. I'm so impressed!!!

Shirley said...

Totally cute! I did visit Homegoods a couple of times, but wasn't impressed. Think I'll have to go check it out again!

Rebekah said...

What a fantastic idea! I'm going to have to give it a try. Thanks Patty!

Jane Perala said...

That's a great display idea - thanks!

somethingunique said...

Hi Lori & everyone, that little "Macgyerette" i think she could just about make anything she wanted to, so creative that one.
take care and have a wonderful weekend~
ttfn Lana :)

Pam Chesbro said...

How cute is that? Love it.

Jo said...

What a lovely idea! Thanks for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, simple but so elegant. I"m really trying to "snazz" up my displays...this gives me some inspiration.

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! It always makes my day!